Friday, February 25, 2011

Howdy

I wish I had something witty to write you. Some big adventure to tell you about that has kept me away from my blog. Some reason besides Facebook stalking that has sucked all my free time. The truth is, right before I went to come back to blog, life threw huge curve balls that sucked all the words out of me.

The truth is...I was forced to look at life from an angle that sucked. A friend, a young, young, friend was taken abruptly away from his beautiful family. J's grandmother was re-diagnosed with cancer (this time in her brain) and even though we had minimal contact with her, it sucked to watch her life fade. I watched an Aunt lose her father and mother within months of each other. They were role models for anyone, and were part of my good memories when I was little. Then another soul I know (a choir director from my high school) was whisked away entirely too early. 5 deaths all within 6-8 months of each other. 5 deaths that have had me on my knees more than anything in my life.

So I am slowly coming out of a weird, empty spot in my life. I hug J more. I cherish the warmth of my babies as they climb into bed with us. I complain less about small things. And I thank God for the life he has blessed me with. I've changed, yet I don't know where those changes will bring me.

On a much lighter note: We are doing pretty darn well. Weasel will be 7 next month, and Ferret is growing like a weed.

No comments:

Post a Comment