Saturday, August 8, 2009

Tucked inside

It's raining again. I'm one of those sickos who loves it. I love hearing it hit the trees and fall with fat plops. There is nothing better than the smell of rain, in my opinion. I'm not talking about that crappy "rain" candle smell either. The freshness of it mixed with tones of dirt is a balm for my soul. I'm watching a big fat spider outside the window clammer down to wrap a bug and crawl back into the safety of his dry home. I wish I had the tenacity of a spider. Their homes can be ruined and the next day rebuilt with such humbling beauty.


We're stripping wallpaper today and patching holes in order to get ready to paint. It's nice to be able to do this right now. We've been meaning to get to it, but just haven't had the time. Now with J being home, we have all the time we need. I do have to admit that I am getting quite spoiled having him home so much. He's jumped right in with helping me do my everyday things. I've always wondered how that would go. You never know really how a person can handle the mundane life of saying home. I mean, I clearly remember the adjustments that needed to be done in my own mind. To see someone enter this, and KNOW how it feels...part of you almost wants to scream, ' Do you reeallly know what you are going to go through?' It's like watching the X Games. You know there are going to be some cool tricks, and some killer falls. Falls that you can't help but watch through squinted eyes. I'll give him this though, he is handling this like a trooper.

No comments:

Post a Comment