Thursday, May 6, 2010

Music Spotlight

Periodically, I'll be doing Music Spotlights. I heard of Emily Wells almost two years ago while I was at my sister's house. NPR was on in the background and I realized that C and I were both bopping around while we cleaned. We fell in love instantly. The more I listen to her, the more I find out how talented she really is. She isn't afraid to mix different types of music together. She credits Bob Dylan and classical music as some of her first influences. She later fell in love with various artists that range all the way to Rap. She has been playing the violin since she was 4 years old.


Enjoy!!


In the first two videos you can see how she loops her music together. The last one is purely instrumental and you can hear her classical music influence very strongly.
















No comments:

Post a Comment