Friday, March 19, 2010

My favorite sign of Spring

I knew my favorite sign of Spring had to becoming soon. We have been feeding more birds at the feeders, and The Weasel's birthday is right around the corner. So, J came into the computer room/guest room and opened the window and we listened to what we wrote off as a bird right before dark. What it really was is this:




We must have always just wrote off the first peeper we heard as a bird. I opened the door to let the dog in later at night, and I walked out onto the porch to hear this:





The second video has a lot of interesting facts about peepers in it.



I don't let myself get excited over Spring until I hear the peepers at night. They say that the peepers have to look through glass (aka frost) three times before it is truly spring. So, last night (3/18) was the first night. We'll see if that old wives tale is true.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for reading my blog. Frankly, I am amazed, stupefied and dumbfounded that someone I don't know would take the time to read about my adventurous life.

    ReplyDelete