Monday, April 12, 2010

Family

I have been blessed with a large family on my Father's side. My father comes from a family of 11; he has four sisters and two brothers who are still living. He has lost three brothers. Which means, I have four Aunts and two Uncles who are living and they have been a strong influence on me. All of them have been married for many years and have spouses that I love so much. Their spouses bring my total of Aunts and Uncles to 5 Aunts and 6 Uncles. These 11 people are my living history. They are who I look forward to seeing every summer. They are who held me as a baby, watched with love as I grew, and who hold my children now. I love them more than words could ever explain.

This Saturday, I learned that one of my Uncles is very sick. He is in ICU and is hardly breathing. Grief has begun to hit me in waves. I know that I've come to the age where I have to watch my family leave us. That is a hard, painful thought to wrap my mind and heart around - my soul understands. Uncle Bobby was not a believer for many years. My Aunt Francis went to church regardless and then one day, not too long ago, Uncle Bobby started going with her. So, my soul understands that he'll be okay...actually a lot better than okay. It is just so hard to think though, that I'll most likely never see my Uncle until Heaven.

3 comments:

  1. Praying for your family and especially your uncle. I agree ... reaching the time where you realize that you are going to start seeing more and more of your family members pass away is a very difficult time. Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is doing better. From what we heard, his breathing is still not good, but he is not in ICU anymore.

    ReplyDelete