Saturday, April 17, 2010

Need --- Want

Weasel came home with a paper with two wagons on it. On one side under the wagon, was the word want. On the other side, the word need was under the wagon. The teacher had the kids cut out pictures of food, a house, water, toys, candy, and games. The kids then had to place the pictures in the appropriate wagon.



I thought of that picture today as I looked around me. I'm sitting in a house that is warm, has clean water, is safe, and has food in it. I don't have to fear that my children will be shot or find an IED while playing outside. I don't have to pray that we might find the money to bring our child to the doctor if they are sick. I get to sit here and watch the trees blow back and forth with their delicate leaves without worrying if a wave will come with the storm and wash everything we have away. I don't have to worry about a hill coming down and wiping out everything that we have. We take so much for granted. Can we possibly wrap our minds around how it would feel to not have clean air, clean water, or to have extreme danger around us?

I'm so thankful to believe in a loving God. I'm so thankful that we have been blessed with what we have, and that we have the ability to enjoy what is around us.


Are you aware of the blessings? Have you ever thought about what would happen if you were in any of the situations I mentioned? What are your blessings? What are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment